Sunday, June 10, 2007

i blinked and she is a little girl

3 years ago almost to the day i gave birth to london beth. it was a hellish kind of day filled with pain and an empty stomach. i was thirsty and very tired by the time 17 hours rolled around. next came 30 minutes of pushing and some drama that led me to the OR for an emergency C+section. major drugs and some issues later i had a beautiful- and i do mean no denying beautiful baby girl. i have been in love ever since. ( well okay most of the time) she is a happy go lucky, sassy, flirting, darling, funny, smart little toad. she keeps me on my toes and tests my patience at every turn and i don't think i would want it any other way. i get her and she gets me.
yesterday we had a small family birthday party and while watching her open her presents i realized that was a moment i would never forget. she had changed. no longer just a baby or a toddler but definitely a little girl. her face had changed her expressions different. more attitude than before and for sure an opinion of her own! ( don't know where she gets it!!!) i blinked and she grew up and I'm sure this is only going to get more- fun, scary, weird, hard and exciting. I'm sure there will be many more moments like the one with her opening her presents and to be honest.... it scares me to death!!!!!

No comments: