Monday, June 08, 2009

once upon an alaskan vacation

Its Thursday night, I have spent 10hours working and am dead tired. I picked up macayos yummy mini chimis with baja sauce for dinner and skedadled on home. Sitting at the kitchen table im dreading the packing and laundry I need to do before we get to leave for anchorage tomorrow. I peel myself from said table, start the laundry, mostly pack and settle down on the couch to find out who made it to the top 20 on so you think you can dance.

Talking with meg on the phone she tells me how I should print my boarding passess online and at midnight I try to do so….

Try being the operative word here. I login, Brandon is gone playing basketball and I have been enjoying the peace and quiet. Until now…when I am swearing and fuming as the website to us air says my plane tickets have been cancelled effective feb. 6th! What the hell? How did that happen? Now mind you there are 11 of us going and only b, londy and I do not have tickets. I leave dad a message and go to bed.

8am next day the travel agent tells me everything is fine. Lady the airline says we are a no go on the plane so…call me Einstein but im thinking we are not fine! this of coarse leads to a 3 hour ordeal of …are we going or not? Do we have seats? Whos error was it in canceling the tickets to begin with?... and how much more is it gonna cost to buy these tickets the day of? grrrr…

finally hours later all is in order and away we go to Alaska….

bri does not fly well! so all these issues with the plane tickets made me more paranoid than normal! it was londys first flight and she was a trooper! singing weeee when we took off and then curling up in a ball to go to sleep after a short hour. i was soo proud!

P6050887

P6050889

 

 

P6050890

1 comment:

Mama Apes... said...

oh the airplain shot...brings back the flight to Hawaii. I knew you could do it! XXOO