Tuesday, December 29, 2009

the advent calendar

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

since I was little one of my most favorite things about Christmas was our advent calendar my mom made back in 1970-something! it is a priceless item for me and one I have tried to purchase, beg, borrow or steal for years…since to my dismay I still don't have a sewing machine (I'm just gonna buy myself one since my family doesn't think I'm serious) and I still don't know how to sew! I digress…

so every year I look high and low for one for my little family and this year I found this to which I had to find something to put in the pockets and decided that everyday londy would pull a card from that days slot and that would be something Christmas-y we would do that night. which lead to one very excited fun filled month for londy and one very packed exhausted month for me and B

PC060680

to which I had to find something to put in the pockets and decided that everyday londy would pull a card from that days slot and that would be something Christmas-y we would do that night. which lead to one very excited fun filled month for londy and one very packed exhausted month for me and B. We did everything from adopting an elf on a shelf named Charlie, seeing Christmas carol, stringing popcorn for the birds, watching xmas movies, drinking hot chocolate, looking at lights, shopping for a Christmas tree angel, making treats and reindeer food for our friends, making those great old fashioned reindeer ornaments, buying a sled in hopes of a day of snow up north (hasn’t happened yet)  going to Christmas parties, spending the night at nonni’s and even a holiday pic here and there.  silly little things like making a jib jab video of ourselves were also squeezed in where we could! so although the advent calendar was not handmade by my mom, each ornament hand beaded, meg and I fighting each year over who got to put up which favorite ornament on which day….we made it work and it was fun and I'm already planning for next year. but don't think for one second that I'm gonna stop bugging nonni to make me one of those damn calendars for me…lol!PC010671

PC020679

PC060685

PC080697

PC120711

PC160762

IMG_0059-1

IMG_0057-1

IMG_0073

1 comment:

Angelle said...

I heard heard from many friends Elf on the Shelf is heaven sent. I must find one for next year!