Sunday, February 10, 2008

LAM

can you say Lymphangioleiomyomatosis? this is the disease that i have that most of you know about! i have a seperate blog that i write about things pertaining to my health but thought this was such a great post i needed to inform you all here. officially.... it has been one year and 8 days since i last left the hospital. how desperately i needed this year to spend with my family, breathe freely, excercize, get my head straight and try to work through this hell i have been living with for the last two years. wow... i can not beleive i have been diagnosed for two whole years!!!!!! i have...knock on wood... been feeling really pretty good...knock on wood and really needed that. the doctors are fairly hopeful about a drug treatment trial that has started this past month. if the drugs work we could possibly have a way to slow the progression of this terrible disease or to stop it all together. what a miracle that would be!!!! this is my best chance at living a full life and watching my daughter grow up, get married and hopefully.... give me some grandbabies ( in that order please). we are hopeful and praying for that miracle. in the mean time i continue on trying to take care of myself as best i can and praying that i will be able to keep out of the hospital and the looney bin. thanks to all of you for loving me and my family, for sticking by me through this trial and for simply being there when i need you. for this i am truely grateful. im not dying today and with lots of miracles...i will be here for a long time to come.
xoxo and lots of love- bri

5 comments:

Elisha said...

Hey Bri! I wish there were words to express how I am feeling for you right now! Brett and I had no idea that you were going through all of this! I read your other blog, and I was shocked! I really want to be able to talk to you and catch up and all the years we've missed! Please e-mail me your phone # , if you don't mind, I'd really love to call you! You are so positive and have such a wonderful outlook! Take care!
love,
elisha
elisharomney@yahoo.com

Shel said...

BRI....I LOVE YOU...you make me smile! You are my hero...you know that. We need to have a ONE YEAR and a few days PARTY for you!

Mama Apes... said...

Well to many more good nights and gym work outs together!! I hope the best for you in many more years to come!! I couldn't imagine what it life would be like with out the prices!! You guys are the best!

Tatum Rogers said...

I love you Bri, I am so glad you are doing well! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you cuz!!!

Unknown said...

A healthy seeister is a happy seeister!