Monday, August 02, 2010

sooo proud!

ok soooo as I looked around trying to figure what I would sew first I came across my grandmothers handmade gift bags for Christmas. my sister and I absolutely loved to receive presents in these bags! and I had all these scrap fabrics and Christmas pieces from when she made these, I believe when I was a small child or maybe even before I was born. the great grandini ( what we called grandma) always had Christmas with us and it just made each Christmas better!!….now this first project is not perfect by a long shot! the seams aren't all even:) but I am most excited that it looks pretty decent, I didn't have a true pattern and I taught myself!  and I know londy will love to find pjs in it or something else exciting!

 

P8021609 

grandmas is on the left, mine is on the right…there are ribbons tied on the back to close them

P8021610

P8021611

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow, sister! Good job!

Lisa said...

Good work! That's a clever idea, those gift bags. Now I want to make some!

Jillian said...

Yay!!! Way to go sassy pants. You did a great job :-)