Wednesday, February 18, 2009

my sister my friend

P2140276

most days if you ask who my best friend is I would answer with Brandon, kat while growing up, taralynn while in college years, thayne through high school, and many more people who have been such a major part of my life! but in reality my sweet sister has been my best friend since birth. now don’t get me wrong…we have fought like cats and dogs. there has been biting and hitting..(I'm guilty of both…geez bri!) there has been competition with swimming and sports. but mostly…always the best of friends! when we get together it is pure craziness! we have sooo much fun together. there is always lots of giggling, terrible behavior, naughty food, lots of dancing, people watching, shopping, more food and laughs. last weekend was no different!P2140287

it had been 7 long years since I had gone to see my sis at her house without being accompanied by another family member. so being that it had been a couple months since I saw her and we were both having withdrawals…we found a cheap flight and away I flew. I hate to fly but for love of my sister I boarded the plane, taxied out, waited for 20min, taxied back in, deboarded, waited 2 1/2 hrs and got on another plane to try again!P2140285  FInally 3 hrs late i made it to snowy, freezing colorado and our weekend of fun began with yummy dinner with friends.

we did all of our favorite things listed above, while also singing karaoke (if you could call it that!) played the wii and a little old school super Mario brothers, added in a cute movie and some time with my darling brother-in-lawP2140278 who was bundled up from the snow:) we hung with their fun friends who treated me like one of their own. we are really lucky to both have friends who make us feel right at home when we are Hanging out!

P2140281

The bushes and trees were covered with ice or whatever and it was so beautiful!

there was just enough snow to make it feel like winter and yet a couple of warm days to make me wish I lived there! we drove through Garden Of The Gods-a state park? which was beautiful and makes me yearn to hike through it in the warmer monthsP2150307

Oh how I would love to live there close to meg…so until next time this will have to get me through! 

P2150311

Falling over while attempting yoga:)

 P2150314

I love you meg…can i come back now?

4 comments:

DM said...

looks like you guys had a great time. i'm so glad you got to go up there for a nice break and some fun time! :-)

Kizzy said...

sisters are the best aren't they? it looks like you guys had a great time, glad you could get away to see her!

Unknown said...

Yes, please come back my darling sister...but when you leave, please take my double chin with you.

Angelle said...

I so hear you on the sister/best friend thing. I think it just gets better and better! I'm glad you had a fun trip.