Sunday, February 22, 2009

ward split

so for those who have not figured it out by now…i am Mormon…well mostly..lol.

we go to church based on where we live and are assigned to a specific building at a specific time…so the group you go to church with is considered a ward or ward family. for two years we got the ugly time of 8am…which you might say is not that bad! but for a girl like myself who never gets up til 8am..it can be a bit early to get cranky toddlers ready and a tired hubby out of bed after your date night out where you stayed up way too late!

fast forward…this year has been 12noon church which is better but not great for it is in the middle of the day and not much time to do anything before or after and i have never been a fan of relaxing unless I'm on vacation. i feel lazy and guilty if there is something that needs to be done and i am just chilling. I'm not a “good Mormon girl” in that capacity…ugghhh.

so today i pull up to church 4 minutes late which i promise is actually considered early for me since I'm ALWAYS at least 10 to 20 min late! there was no where to park, not in the parking lot, nor in surrounding area streets. so i park in the back forty and hoof it into church in stilettos. (since us Mormons dress up for church) I'm irritated, my body is hurting and i have a whiny little girl who is hungry and wants to dance through the parking lot in her “pretty shiny shoes”…finally we get into the building and wait patiently in the hall while they pass the sacrament (the bread and water) which takes 30 min because there are sooo many more people here than usual…doors open…time to find a seat. we find one which means Brandon can sit with me on his lap and londy on mine making us look like a glorified version of the clown car. we find one more chair and block the exit to sit together….big sigh…were sitting…with only londy only Brandon's lap (can you imagine all the looks naughty bri would get if she sat on Brandon's lap during church? i think most of the congregation would pass out!) lets get this rolling already…… then i hear the dreaded yet blissful words….brothers and sisters we are splitting your ward! gasps and talking goes thru the rooms that are packed to capacity like sardines. they give us our new boundaries. tell us which of our friends we will not see again at church and tell us that we will now start church at 2pm!!!

seriously? seriously! this is a big deal people, Mormon church is 3hrs. who wants to get home from church at 5:30? more gasps and whispers as everyone processes this. now i know, i know that we are fortunate to go to church just minutes from our house and that people travel much longer distances just to go to church. but let me tell you what…those people are much more diligent and lovely than i will ever be! Grumble grumble whine whine! so now i can sleep in but it will kill bri not to get distracted and end up at church at 2pm. surely i will end up at the gym or organizing my office, paying bills or heaven forbid…cleaning my house!

most “good” Mormons would never air their misdeeds like cleaning on the Sabbath on their blog…but come on peeps!…if you haven't figured out I'm not the norm yet..uhhhh well then we have much bigger fish to fry!

heaven help me…at least i go right? my mom-in-law is gonna die! it kills her that church was getting out at 3. we do Sunday dinner with family who lives and hour away and 7pm dinner is gonna be NO BUENO for her…here we go!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yucky,
I would be a ditcher queen!

Unknown said...

haha :) you made me laugh, even though I feel really bad for you, because if that ever happens to me while I still have toddlers... I'll move :)

Shel said...

SO sad huh!?! You can come with me at 8am anyday!! I miss you already! :) When are you coming over again...come soon with Londy!

Lacy said...

At least you didn't get moved BACK to 8am. We may go inactive for a while or maybe convert to catholic for a bit. I may not see you at church but you'll still do my hair! And

Cayson still wants London to come to his birthday. I think he thinks she's cute, he said he only wants the cute girls to come. Do you think his dad taught him that?!?

Heather G. said...

i have had that time block before and, i'm not going to lie, it totally bites. cranky time for the kids and cranky time for me. as you may recall, that practically reaches my bedtime! :)
good luck - hopefully it won't be so bad for you!

Kristal said...

Welcome to the club! We get home at 6! It is nice to sleep in though..another good thing is that the days will start getting longer and there will actually be light when you get out! :D

Anonymous said...

Dude- We have church at 3:00. It really is not as bad as I was thinking, but then before that we had 8:00 too. I think that was worse. At least I get to be lazy on Sunday mornings. And P.S. I do sometimes clean my house on Sunday too!

Mama Apes... said...

So glad that we are still in the same ward for sure I'm not willing to giving up on the prices!!! Love your guts to the moon and back!