Thursday, August 20, 2009

it finally got me

i have been so proud of myself! i didn’t cry the first day of school dropping londy off! i didn’t lose it when she told me she was so excited to go back. but today dropping her off at the kindergarten playground i got a lump in my throat! there she went running…pigtails bouncing with the little white striped ribbons on each one.puffed sleeve white tee,  cute little pink skirt swooshing as she skipped away in her brown blinged out flip flops. a huge pink backpack strapped to that teeny tiny little back…waving and shouting bye mom, bye mom, have a great day! even as i write this i get a little teary as it suddenly hits me…she is getting old, i’m going to blink my eyes and she is not going to want me around. she won’t want those silly pigtails or the babyish bows. i melted today to realize this is my chance…the here and now..to soak up each moment for soon they will be gone. she will be too old, too cool to kiss her mom goodbye in front of her friends and i am saddened that i only get to do this once and elated that i have been given the gift of this beautiful, special amazing gift of a daughter i call london!

 

1 comment:

Kristal said...

you are so sweet. By the way, have i told you that I love the way you express yourself on your blogs? I lvoe the details you put into your entries. you would be a great writer!! (just make sure to get an editor, cause you still mispell alot :P