Saturday, August 16, 2008

the runner in me




as i read my sisters blog today(see meg at side bar)i was soo saddened! the runner in me has been taken away and as far as i can see...will never return! damn this stupid disease i have and what it has taken from me! for most of you reading this you would be thrilled to not be able to run any longer and i realize that i am very weird in the fact that I LOVE TO RUN! the pace i would have would match whatever hip/hop song i was listening to. each step pounding in unison to the beat. i loved the nasty sweaty shirt and the sore red legs. to run in the rain has always been my FAVORITE! to run outside was the best but while running inside i would always find someone running on the treadmill and (only in my mind of coarse) try to beat their pace...faster and faster until my legs would give no more.running on the beach is yet another high for me...clearing my mind from everything with the cold morning breeze in my face:).
in my mind i am this athlete, a girl with drive and ambition to run marathons and yet my body will not give anymore. angry running was always my best, i tend to do everything best when i am emotional but anger is my best motivator. my house is never cleaner than when I'm upset!! LOL

so the next time you run...run for me, run like you will never be able to run again, like the love of your life will be taken from you! i think i would have trained harder years ago had i known that my running days were numbered! sigh

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes when I tell myself I can't I think of you, and it motivates me a little more. I really do.

We must have come from the same mom, because when I get really mad or stressed, I clean too. I've been kind of calm lately, maybe that is why the house is not in tip-top shape these days!

Mama Apes... said...

I'm out running for you babe! I think of you often and all our talks about running...I do love it!!
I love your flashback fridays thing...It makes me SMILE! love ya!

Unknown said...

Is that how Brandon knows your upset? :D
I will try harder to run for you, because I have always loved running as well.
Thanks for being such a star, you brighten my day!!!!

Amy said...

I finally have gotten back to running in the morning (something about school starting gets me back on schedule) -- It is therapeutic, I understand! Plus, I love cute running clothes! haha...I'll run a few miles for you.